Fat blistery gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gunz05gunz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my two gourami's is sick. Its alot fatter (two times as wide), its scales are pointing outwards moreso than along its body, and it has these seethrough blisters that look identical to an air bubble on its side.

For now its in a fungal/general sickness treatment. Any diagnosis on this guy? Hes swimming around alright, but it looks painful for it.

I have two of these red dwarf gouramis. Only one is affected.

All other fish are fine.
90g running for 8 months
Had the fish for 7 months
Feed flake staple/bloodworms/algae pellets
ph 6.7
ammonia and nitrates 0
eheim 2028 & marineland c-220
2x koralia 1
EI dosing
200W light

3464730850_5df8c9f07a_o.jpg

3464730880_764b6d270e_o.jpg

That is dropsy I am afraid. Rarely can it be cured. At the stage he is at, I would euthanize myself. IMO he can't be cures. I am sorry.

Thats no good.
I like gouramis and just lost 3 dwarfs in 2 weeks myself, all the other fish were fine and they died overnight. Sorry for the loss.

On a side note, how is that c-220? my LFS is highly recommending it over the others out there in that size for my FW sand tank

Ya, she was acting funny for a while.

C-220 is a good little filter. I had it initially on my 55g and found it did an ok job. I would say its more suitable for 40g rather than a 55g. The only real problem I had was during the cleaning period. You had to take out the three trays, and then putting them back was a bit of a hassle since they didn't always line up. Other than that it was quiet and the flow didn't slow down over time too much.

Since then I bought an Eheim 2080 and am now an Eheim fan. Overall a better quality build and alot more quiet. But the Marineland filters are good and I recommend them.

I am looking in the 220 size range due to it being a 26g. ( I try to always get a filter one step up on water filtering, seems to do alot less work and you see great results.

I was looking at Marinlands, JBJ's and fluvals, however I am not impressed with the later two on reviews from JBJ products and Fluvals in my past.

I will check out the ehiems when the kids go to bed tonight.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom