Flashing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TwinOne

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for taking the time to read! I have a 150g aquarium with a green sunfish. And for a few months he has been flashing. The water parameters are good, he us swimming and eating fine. He's a year old and about 8". He's never done this before and he's constantly doing it. What can I do to help? I do 50% water changes every week. The other fish seem to be fine. He's the only one doing it. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, not as bad though

Well it's normally at night and he rubs only one side of his body on rocks. He didn't seem to do it last night I noticed.

He's doing it again like he has a bad itch on his right side. I don't see anything on him or any damage or discoloration. The water is fine and I have done anything to the water. I'm normally pretty good at this stuff but I'm absolutely clueless on him.

So away from the gills?

I had the loaches flicking from plant wool - could there be anything in the water like that?

Nothing iv noticed like that but there is some small white specs floating on top of the water. Almost like dust but I have a canopy covering the tank.

Attachments

• 1478270017254.jpg
    1478270017254.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 56
Doesn't sound much but I guess you could try removing with paper towel. Hopefully whatever it is will go away.

There was one I had that flashed for a few months. The other 49 fish were fine. Then he just stopped for no reason I could pick.

I think I may have found the problem! Him and one other fish has a slightly sunken stomach. Possibly parasite?

No, nothing that I know of.

They seem to be doing better with the meds but the one fish is still flashing... but only at night. Maybe it's normal?

Just going to let you know that the fish are free from parasites, no longer flashing and he isn't hiding anymore!!!!! :)

I am sooo happy! I've missed my little buddy!

Back
Top Bottom