Floating peppered cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
It looks like my little Cory is not long for this world. Last night he was sitting in plants and being shifted by the current. This morning he is floating, upside down at the waters surface. Still breathing, just slowly and shallowly.

My RTS has been picking on my cories more and more over the last month. I think this may be the cause. He will be going to a new home soon.

I am preparing a bowl of ice water at the moment for euthanasia. This thread is just his one last hope even though I know it's too late. I there anything anyone can suggest that I can do for the little guy?

70g planted
Temp 80
pH 7.4
NH3/NH4 0ppm
NO2 0ppm
NO3 5.00ppm
Last water change of 40% done 7days ago.
Stock list in profile.

Thank you.

Oh I forgot to add his stomach is a little swollen and some of his fins are spit. No other sign of external injury. Starting to believe he was beaten and suffered internal injuries. :(

I am really sorry. I do not have any advice. Your water is good, but your little guy certainly is still having issues. I'm sorry. But, at least your little guy won't suffer anymore. :(

absolutangel04 said:
I am really sorry. I do not have any advice. Your water is good, but your little guy certainly is still having issues. I'm sorry. But, at least your little guy won't suffer anymore. :(

Thank you. I have now netted him so he is not being picked at by the other fish. It is so sad to watch.

Just coincidences... (sp?) everything will be perfect in no time!! Still very sorry..

Awe just saw this! I'm so sorry!! My heart goes out to you. I know what you mean though. Easier to wake up and find a little friend gone then to have to watch it suffer.

At least I can make you laugh though...

Camera snap shot!! Your gonna love your new found info!! TRUST ME!! Comes in handy!

But again I'm sorry to hear about your lil fishy :(

Convict2161 said:
Awe just saw this! I'm so sorry!! My heart goes out to you. I know what you mean though. Easier to wake up and find a little friend gone then to have to watch it suffer.

At least I can make you laugh though...

Camera snap shot!! Your gonna love your new found info!! TRUST ME!! Comes in handy!

But again I'm sorry to hear about your lil fishy :(

It worked! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom