Fungus Issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a male guppy that has some fin nip injuries that were healing from being at the pet store.

It was healing great, and then he started acting strange. Now I've noticed that there's a cottony white fluff on the fish's injured fin, and I think it's fungus.

How do I treat this? Also, if salt is one of the answers, I do have cories, and can't use salt.

I also can't qt the guppy because my qt is in storage for trying to sell the house.

Parameters are:

Ammonia: 0
NitrIte: 0
NitrAte: 5
Temperature: 75* F

I can't attach a picture, unfortunately. It wouldn't show up in an iPod picture.

Any help would be awesome. He is just kinda resting upright on the gravel.

You could certainly try melafix, or pimafix. Both of those seemed to help knock out any fungus I've had in my tanks. (not sure how you see chemical usage)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm already using melafix. This was my third day of using it. It seemed to be making him act better before now. I guess I'll see what happens.

It should. The scheduled dosing is for a week, I believe (don't quote me on that one) But usually, after a week, if I saw no improvement, I would discontinue use.

Yeah, it's a week. He's doing worse, and I think he's gonna die... This sucks!

I'm gonna finish the dosing of melafix, who knows, he may have a miraculous recovery, and then stop after the seven days are up.

yea >.< sometimes just gotta let it go. You tried!

Yeah.

I think I just got a bad batch of guppies. This will be my fourth death out of seven guppies. Which surprises me with where I got them. My Earl may has pretty good stock.

Sometimes it happens, were they fancy's? I've ALWAYS had problems with fancy guppies.

Problem is, I have petsmart, Walmart, or Earl May. I got them from Earl May, the best of the three. And I can't order online because my mom doesn't let me. She dictates where I can buy stuff from because I'm thirteen, lol.

Bettababe1011 said:
Problem is, I have petsmart, Walmart, or Earl May. I got them from Earl May, the best of the three. And I can't order online because my mom doesn't let me. She dictates where I can buy stuff from because I'm thirteen, lol.

I thinks that's the problem for all 10-17 year olds..

Bettababe, pickup some stress coat tap water decloriniser, theres a dosage on the back for rips and tears. You can also use it as ordinary tap water conditioner, so your not wasting money. I reckon it would do fine with the Cory, it's just conditioner.

I was using melafix for the tears.

Sadly, the guppy died. That's four out of seven guppies! I think I got a really bad batch!!

Another fish? You mean another type of fish? I had guppies because they go well with my other tank inhabitants, and because I like guppies.

Yeah, with guppies from places like that, it's REALLY hit or miss. Sorry for your loss Betta.

Back
Top Bottom