GBR Injury/Illness Please Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puckhog429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I noticed today that my gbr has a fairly large white spot by its head that seems to be scab type of thing. I have never treated fish for illnesses or anything before. I went ahead put in some prime because its supposed to help the slime coat which very well might do nothing for the fish. The tank is a 29 gallon planted, 2 angels, 2 gbrs, and some harlequin rasboras. The other ram and fish look fine. The parameters all look good. amm. 0 nitrite 0 nitrate around 5ppm. I dont have any aquarium salt or meds at home but could pick some up tommorow if they would help.
Thanks for reading and for future replys

Attachments

• IMG_8742[1].jpg
    IMG_8742[1].jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 57
Ouch, how long have you had him? How old is the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's odd?looks like an ammonia burn???

I don't know what it is. Its acting perf. Normal as well as the other fish and water tests are good. I looked it up online and found some old posts on other forums where ppl have encountered same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I might just let it go and see what happens. The only thing ive ever heard of people treating succesfully was ich. Which this def. isnt. When i was looking online ppl were mentioning all sort of crazy diseases that look just like this

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

if it were my tank? I'd just double up on weekly wc's and keep him extra happy. .

Back
Top Bottom