Goldfish Sickness Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blur

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

Im new and i seriously need some expertise on how to treat my goldfish.

My black moor ive noticed has developed a white patchy apperance which has turned him grey but he seems fine the only thing i can see wrong is that his top fin hasnt been up for some time and im worried he might just die and im not gonna have a chance to try and treat him.

My lion head i assume bumped his head as he has two little white patches on his head with some white suff hanging from it. But over the next week i noticed he has some red areas one under his left eye and one near the base of his tail and im not sure if he is just a clumsy fish or there is something seriously wrong.

Ill try upload photos but i dont know how.

Any advise would be apreciated.

Hi and welcome to AA!!! We need some more information in order to be able to help you better!
Tank size?
Filtration?
Parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph?
What your using to test (liquid or strips)?
Tank mates?
Water change schedule (%, x/wk)?
How long have fish been sick/symptoms?
How long have you had each fish/ any new fish recently introduced?
Any treatments/meds used?

For uploading pics, you can click on the 'advanced reply' button. A new pg will pop up. At the top of the pg, there's a bunch of symbols- one is a paper clip. Click on this & you can browse your computer for pics to upload. The more info you can provide, the better! :)

Thanks for replying so quick,

At the minute the tank they are housed in is a 20 gallon. I have 5 goldfish in there (I know it is to small i was in the proccess of moving some out but i spoted the sick ones and decided i dint wanna infect any other fish if what they have is contageous).

My parametres are at 0 or close to & my PH is between 7.6-7.8 and are tested with a liquid test kit.

There are just 5 goldfish in there and some small apple snails.

The black moor has been like it for about 3 weeks and the lion head i only noticed yesterday.

Ive had 3 of my fish for around 2 months and the other 2 for at least 8 months.

I have only used anti fungle medication as i thought it was fungus or bacteria.

i hope this helps ill put down my filter specs when i get home and try add some photos.

Thanks! Thats quite a few fish for such a small tank & I believe this may be part of the issue here. Do you have somewhere else to move the healthy fish & snails so the sick fish can be treated by themselves? What type/brand of fungus meds did you try using? Did it have any effect? What is your water change schedule on this tank? What brand of water conditioner are you using?

Ok, please do not take offense at this, but you mentioned your parameters being 'close to' zero- what exactly are the numbers you are seeing? If there are zero nitrates, theres a problem unless the tank is heavily planted or your doing complete water changes daily. Ammonia & nitrite should be zero- any detectable amounts of either of these toxins will be a factor in your fish's sickness. This is important to know because all factors must be taken into account in order to try & address your fish situation & provide you with the best help possible. We will do our best to try & help your fish! :)

Back
Top Bottom