Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Guppies keep dying

Hi! I keep a 5.5 Gallon tank with a filter, heater, and i keep only 3 guppies in my tank. Iíve had 2 of my male guppies for 2 months now and recently got another male. I noticed that my new maleís tail has been chewed/torn off (and his tail used to be HUGE!) and his stomach seems to be bigger, and he can barely swim. Sometimes he may roll upside down. This has happened before with another smaller guppy. but the 2 male guppies, are the fish I have always had in my tank and they are always fine. I find that this is strange behavior, the other 2 guppies never have any problems what so ever. Do you think that the other guppies are attacking the new one? what should i get instead of another guppy?

Old 03-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My guppy did die and I did do what I could. I’m just wondering, should I only keep those 2 guppies in there? I am thinking, since this happened twice with them and their tails that the other 2 guppies were aggressive and attacked him.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #3
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Iím guessing tails were ok when you bought them? I canít really comment much for that size tank except Iíve noticed some fish just canít get on with others. Iíd be surprised with guppies but perhaps just not enough room for more than a few.

Tags
dyi, dying, guppie, guppies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com