Guppy died...but I don't know why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yodlem

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday night I was looking at him and I noticed that he was a bit slowish. His tail fin wasn't looking too good either b/c it looked much smaller than it should've been. And then the next morning I found it floating at the top of my tank, black colored in the places where there used to be color.

I wasn't too suprised that it passed away since it didn't look too healthy the day before, but what may have caused his death? My other fish are doing fine

what are the other fish in the tank? maybe he was getting nipped at since you said his tail fin seemed smaller.

Also, what are your water perameters?

It does sound like the fish was either getting picked on or was suffering from some sort of fin rot due to poor water conditions.

what are the other fish in the tank? maybe he was getting nipped at since you said his tail fin seemed smaller.

Yeah thats what I thought too b/c the other guppy would always chase it, but never really nipped it...so thats why i'm not totally blaming the other guppy.

But that's probably why.

Back
Top Bottom