Halfmoon Betta might have ich, anyone a fish Dr. ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vundercoverdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
:fish2:

He's been sluggish for a while now and i see on top of his head the scales are kinda peeling. Could it be ich of some sort? His bloated stomach is because of SBD. I'm treating it with a cooked pea. I don't know his age, he's probably 8-9 months old.:confused: Please help i have Aquarium Salt and a master test kit that i'm having trouble with the readings.:banghead: Temp is a toasty 78-80F. I say that cause i don't have a thermometer but i have an adjustable heater.:facepalm: Any advice would be helpful, :thanks:!

img_1527041_0_a13428105a88fac50be5a680ff62d255.jpg
Here's
img_1527041_1_fe8cc2e369372077f6053c77a87d9028.jpg
img_1527041_2_a11e9d48fd694cbd8a2fcb21ae48dd95.jpg

Specifics-

10 Gallon

Ammonia- 0ppm
Nitrite- 0ppm
Nitrate- 5-10ppm
PH-7.4 or 7.8 This is the one i'm having trouble reading

Weekly 10-20% water changes. One's scheduled for tomorrow. Filter pad changes every 2 weeks (activated carbon)

I've added 1 tablespoon of salt 3 weeks ago and 2 teaspoons the next. None after that. I also add Leaf zone pro for the sword you see their.
I've been getting a little brown algae but i scrub it off before the change. ( i never scrub the back panel) I siphon the gravel. I leave the lights on 8-12 hrs. a day. & that's about it.

As far as I know, Ich usually shows up as little white spots on the fins or/and body (like little grains of salt). If his skin or scales are peeling it could be something else. His scales look raised in the bottom pic. I'm wondering if it's dropsy (the raised scales with the bloat is a concern). This link might help. Good luck.

I'm no expert, but my female betta had that and it turned out to be cotton mouth disease or columnaris. it could be a fungus too.

even with the pic i still have problem telling... but by the look of the betta it look skinny ...

nice beter BTW ...

Back
Top Bottom