Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy791

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I bought a heater that said was used for a 10 gallon aquarium, I put it in and turned it slowly till the light came on, thing is it don't go off in time, it just stays on so I woke up to a few dead fish cause the temp had raised to 84 and is still there now, if I turn it down it will drop the temp to cold, I have it turned to where it just comes on and it's 84 degrees in the tank I need it to be 80? What's going on am I not understanding this heater?

So I bought a heater that said was used for a 10 gallon aquarium, I put it in and turned it slowly till the light came on, thing is it don't go off in time, it just stays on so I woke up to a few dead fish cause the temp had raised to 84 and is still there now, if I turn it down it will drop the temp to cold, I have it turned to where it just comes on and it's 84 degrees in the tank I need it to be 80? What's going on am I not understanding this heater?
what kind of heater? How bigs the tank? What kind if fish? 84 shouldn't kill, unless your water parameters are out if whack.

Have no ideal, I don't jave the box still, it's a 10 gallon, the heater is ment for the tank, no fish In it currently I moved them.

My ammonia I very high right now, but it wasn't when the fish were In it, I moved them all out after the night that the heater killed a few, one was stuck under gravel and I didn't see it till now so no my ammonia is rocketing, no ish in it just plants

Back
Top Bottom