Help treating Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paints4me

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank. I have 2 bubblers with charcoal. Using a Tetra Whisper IQ60 power filer. Have a 5 yr old gold fish and 3 - 1 yr old calico fan tails.

The older goldfish exhibited ick on both eyes and was lethargic. The other 3 had singular spots on one eye. I treated 8 days with Aqua-Mox. All fish improved. 5 yr old still has minor spots on both eyes. Only 1 of the fan tails has very small spot on 1 eye.

I stopped treatment, changed 1/3rd of tank water, 15 gallons. Changed filers, vaccumed, added new charcoal to bubblers.

I am now at the point where I feel I should keep treating and try something else. Should I try the API Liquid Super Ick Cure?

Fish are active and eating as normal. It has been 48 hours since aquarium was changed and treatment stopped.

Are you sure its ich?

The visible feeding stage should be over in under a week, regardless of treatment. If its still there it may not be ich.

Did you remove the charcoal during the medication period? If not the charcoal will have absorbed all the medication rendering it useless.

Back
Top Bottom