Help what's wrong with my bettas fins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't enlarge pictures (problem this end with web browser) but all I'm seeing is maybe a bit of fin tattering?

What size is the tank, how long have you had the fish...

Moving this to the sick fish section. Please read the sticky and answer the questions relating to the fish, the tank and the care.

male betta fish Signs of torn fins , nipping maybe fin rot
tank parameters perfect
Tank-
3.7 Gallon Desktop Fish Tank from Imagitarium
White and blue 3 watt LED light strip and power button
Glass Lid
Filter sponge, carbon filter cartridge and zeolite filter cartridge included
Comes with a submersible pump with nozzle

I was doing 3x a week water changes with API water conditioner stress+

I noticed a difference in his fins because of his decor I had previously I didn't know betta fish needed silk plants I changed everything
Also I went out of town for two days I also noticed his fins not right

I'm currently 3 days into a hospital tank 2 gallons temp 82 degrees

I've had the fish for almost 2 years

I'm currently feeding him hikari bio gold and Sallys frozen brine shrimp

For fin rot ideal is to keep excellent clean water parameters. Are you usiing test strips? Sometimes they just don't measure all items correctly. I would confirm tests with fish store or use a liquid test. Also test the water before doing water change to get true picture of the situation.

Also reduce the water temp. a degree or 2 a day until it is about 78F. Bacteria grow faster in warmer water.

Betta

I'm using API master testing liquid kit thank you for the help should I use any other medication?

What is your substrate? Gravel and pebbles or stones trap old food and poop. If you have them you may want to consider removing them. You can go bare bottom until he is better.

What size tank? What about any filter?

Have you cleaned out the tank or filter? How often do you do it?

Meds may not be needed. Clean, perfect water conditions can help him heal. But it could get worse. It could need medication.

I'm using 2 teaspoons of AS . And all the perimeters are great , Looks like he's doing great! His fins are slowly growing back ! He even made a bubble nest

Is the filter intake to strong? His fins may have been caught in it. If this is the case you can fasten a bit of sponge on the intake

Back
Top Bottom