help with my black moor please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluechannelcat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i'm new hear and have had fish for only a few months, the problem, my newest black moor had a white kinda groth on his eye and fin rot, now i started giving him melefix and put stress coat in, and his fin rot is healing, now last night when i got home his eye was comletely white and now it looks like a growth, last night i put a fungus tablet in, and its still about the same. is it from trama or is it like bacterial or fungus? i'm really woried since he's the cutest little black moor ever he only has one buldgy eye and is a dark gold color. he is aso swiming and eating fine. any sugestions will be welcome, thank you in advance for your posts, i just want my little guy to get better

How long has your tank been running? What is your water changing schedule? How long have you had the fish? What size is the tank?

well the tank has been running for a month, i do a quarter water change every 2 weeks when i gravel vac, i only had the fish for 4 days, and its a 10 gallon tank, and his growth is kinda shaped like a barnicle, if that helps.

im no goldfish expert but 10 gallons is way too small for a single goldfish

bluechannelcat said:
well the tank has been running for a month, i do a quarter water change every 2 weeks when i gravel vac, i only had the fish for 4 days, and its a 10 gallon tank, and his growth is kinda shaped like a barnicle, if that helps.

A ten gallon is too small for a goldfish. They should be in a thirty gallon with another ten per additional goldfish. Goldfish are very dirty fish, and you should probably do more than once every two weeks for PWCs. This is just my two cents, I don't have any personal experience with goldfish, this is just what I've learned from reading other posts. I hope this helps.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

well thank you and i most likely will change it more that every two weeks until the tank gets into its cycle, and i keep the number low i keep one fish per 2 gallons, but anyways, i need to know what my moors eye problem is and if melefix and fugis tablets are going to heal him, or if i need something else, or if its like trauma and its how the eye heals.

and i only have a small tank cause i can't afford a big one, but i've become really attached to gold fish, and plan on getting me a nice big tank as soon as i have money, but my fish seem happy and most are healthy, except my moor with the eye issue, and if they seem unhappy i will give them up to someone with a bigger tank, but i love my fishies and work very hard to keep them clean healthy and happy

5 fishies, one fish per 2 gallons of water, one pleco, one alger eater, two goldies and one moor, please just help me with my moor's eye problem, in stead of calling me out about my tank. i'm just woired about helping my moor

you know a pleco gets huge, algae eater (guessing one of the asians) also gets big, and the goldfish also get big. saying you are overstocked is being generous

ok i said i'm getting a big tank when i get the money more than likely before summer, and if they get too big by then i will try to get a bigger tank sooner, please just help me with my moor's eye problem, or don't post in this thread at all, i came on hear cause i love my fishies and i want to help my black moor, not to be ridiculed or to have people be jerks to me, please take into consern my black moors problem at hand

The tank being too small could be causing his eye problems, which is what they are trying to say.
If there is any ammonia or nitrite in your tank, the meds are not going to work.
Try doing partial water changes every single day and see if that helps him out. If not, you might be dealing with internal parasites or some other fungus or bacteria.
When your tank has fully cycled, you will need to do at least 3 water changes a week until you get a bigger tank, since goldies are so messy.
You will need to get at LEAST a 50 gallon tank (no more fish). The pleco, if it's a common (brown with black spots), can get up to 2 feet long, so you will need even more than 50 gallons. :(
As for the thing hanging off the eye, can you possibly get a picture?

Dkpate is right. Bad water parameters, which are almost unavoidable in this case, could be causing/contributing to the problem. Your fish will never be "healthy" in that tank.

yeah it happens every time i put tank buddies fungus tablets in, and then after i do the recommended quarter water change after four days it gets better, any ways, do you have any idea what might be his issue

ok and how would i treat that, and don't bring up the tank issue, i'm well aware of that, anyways, is that possible for them to just be burnt and not have inflamed or red gills like the signs of amonia poisoning, would they still be swiming and eating normal

i think so, but definitely do water changes everyday, at least 20%

alright will do, and thank you, i'ma start tomorrow, now what about the meds for his fin rot will they still work with the constant change? and i'm trying to track down a 55 gallon tank hood, and i posted in the classified on the off chanse someone has a used one, but anyways untill then i just do that, now will his eye heal or will it stay liek that or be blind?

Back
Top Bottom