Hoping this isn't a parasite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurencallen74

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi folks,

Just noticed today that my 3 year old Oranda has a little flap of skin kind of
Hanging off his wen. He has a large and beautiful wen, but it nearly covers his
Eye and I always check them out during feeding.

Of course, I'm nervous, but I tend to over react and hate...HATE to treat with anything other than H2O changes.

Stats:
46 gallon bow front.
Perfect water quality. I test at least once every week and do a 10% change every week. (API Master Test Kit)
Use Prime.
Feed rounded diet.
Fish always healthy and active.

Tank mate-just one calico Ryukin. Only those two.

Aquatic plants.

Is it possible that this could be an abrasion and this skin is healing? I'm nervous it is a wen infection. :(. I'll attach a pic, but he isn't much for posing!!

Any feedback would be great.

image-1501514174.jpg

Here he is.

Attachments

• image-3964403547.jpg
    image-3964403547.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 63
Thanks J! I must have ick on this site. Nobody but you responds when I could use a hand. :).

LOL!!! It isnt you, it just seems there arent a large number of goldfish fanatics on this site..... if you check out the recent post on 'swimbladder in UK', there are jsoong (moderator) & dwoghl (sp?) who both have goldfish as well responding to the thread. You could try pm them for more advice too. Let me know how things work out for you! :)

I hope it's nothing serious and someone comes to help you out soon. Unfortunately I know nothing of goldfish!

Back
Top Bottom