How Much CO2 is Bad for Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janky

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question, if not, sorry mods.. please let me know.

Basically I made a DIY CO2 setup for my plants using a 1 liter bottle, ½ cup sugar, and ½ tsp. baker's yeast.
It's been giving off a good amount of bubbles through the air stone, so I'm happy that it's working, I just want to make sure it's not going to be making my fish sick (or dead).

Advice?

30ppm is around the target area that most people use. The simplest way to check the level is with a drop checker /4dkh reference solution.

Ok. I'll have to look into that. I just made the cheap pop bottle setup to get some in there, I've had it in overnight and most of today. I was trying to avoid an expensive setup since I only have java fern and anubias (which I was told don't really NEED CO2 but it would help them grow).

Should I just leave it in for another day and then take it out? Or is there an incredibly cheap solution I can pick up at the lfs to test?

I doubt I'm anywhere near 30ppm tbh...

Back
Top Bottom