ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
if i have the water temp over 86 (at 86.5 yo 87 right now) will it kill the ich over time? i also have some salt in the water to help.

The idea of warming the water is to speed up the incubation period, not cure the problem. You'll still need to treat you tank. what type of fish are you keeping? good luck

Fishman

Sure you can. API makes a couple of meds (prima and melafix )that work really well and won't harm your plants or biological system. And i believe kordon makes and one to. Good luck

fishman

yea i just cured my 55 gal 8 fish and live plants, api ick cure worked for me and heater to 86d didnt harm any plants at all

i found some will this be fine with live plants? API Super Ick Cure for freshwater use only. is that ok to use?

i found some will this be fine with live plants? API Super Ick Cure for freshwater use only. is that ok to use?

Does it say it won't harm plants. I looked on aquariumpharm.com. it should be fine but it does't say one way or the other if it harm plants.

I treated ich in my tank just fine with heat. Just leave it at that temperature for 7 days after the last sign of ich. Thats what I was told on here and it worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom