Ich or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaNewb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my scarlet badis will probably die, they are hanging out near the top (not gasping), lethargic.

Each one has only about two white spots. On one, it even looks as if the spot is indented into his skin. On others, the spots protrude.

Both have lost lots of color and clamped fins.

I have been treating the tank for ich for 3 days, but no change, only worsening.

First, one fish had a single white spot but no symptoms. Later, the other began glass surfing.
Then both became lethargic. Then One developed a white spot or two.
Then the first will not eat, and both came to the corner.

There was not much flashing present, only from the one to later contract the disease briefly before he started showing sickness or spots.

CPDs in the tank seem fine.

The parameters are 0-0-15.

Attached is image, the white spots are hard to see in the image.

Attachments

• SickFish.jpg
    SickFish.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 44
How big is your tank, if your cpd's are fine it seems to me your backs could have gotten parasites due to stress. What's your stocking also?

this tank is 10g with 6 cpds and 2 scarlet badis.

I am inspecting, the fish, the spots are very small, on one it is on head and hear tail, the other has a collection of small spots on base of tail and on larger one on side

Ahhh looking from above I see the one has raised scales

Have you done anything different lately? Added new fish, water change recently, new food, anything like that? How are tou treating for ich, meds, salt, temp raise?

Back
Top Bottom