Ich still around and took out my tetras. HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ich has been in my tank for about 3 weeks now. My neon tetras lasted really long considering how fragile they are and my dwarf gourami shows minimal to no signs even though he's the one riddled with the parasite. The medication seems to be kicking in this week as I removed all carbon from my filter. But one of my neons died over the weekend. Nothing crazy, just because I guess the stress and ich finally messed him up. Then the other neons became stressed as their school was affected cause there was only 4. They spilt up and started losing a lot of color. Then my meanie, the dwarf gourami realized they weren't able to run anymore and he attacked and eventually killed them. All 4 in one night. He's alone now and the second and last dose of medicine was added last night as recommended. If it doesn't work I'm turning to heat method but this morning my gourami was freaking out and itching himself a lot. Worse I've seen since it first happened and it was multiple times within 30 seconds. I hope he'll stick it out like he has been lately but do you all have any suggestions? Quick replies please, I'm desperate to get this over with.

I wouldn't wait to do the heat method, I cant see it harming him, and just remember to continue dosing for a while even after the bacteria has disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom