Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-28-2020, 11:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ich treatment, then what?

So the two balloon mollies I brought home a week ago probably brought ich into the tank. I believe it's stilll minor and manageable. I saw about 2 or 3 small white dots on one, one on another, and two had none but were rubbing their bodies on the decor.

I bought this treatment https://www.amazon.com/Tetra-Ick-Gua...s%2C155&sr=8-2

I have a 20 gallon, and it said one tablet treats ten gallons, and with a 20 gallon I had to use two. I dissolved first, as per directions, then entered into tank which turned water blue for a few hours. I was directed to remove the filter cartridge and sponges.

It says to do a 25 percent water cycle then repeat the tablets in 24 hours if it doesn't go away. So, does this not go away anytime soon? Do I repeat in 24 hours?

In the meantime, the filter is running without a cartridge and probably will cloud water. Prior to this, water parameters were within range.

Anyone care to advise what I should do tomorrow? I hope I don't wake up to dead fish. And I have fry.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I want to add that the temp is 76.5
Do I need to raise it? And if so, how do I do it safely?

Old 11-29-2020, 08:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fish diseases come in many forms read here. Ick does have immatators too, so make sure you are treating the correct deisease, read here too.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Re:

Thanks. So I wake up to really cloudy water. I did a 30 percent water change a few hours later, and it seems the dots had disappeared on the ones who I saw had it, except for one fish, a bubble bee molly. It has simply one round white dot on the tail that is visible one one side, but a bit faint on the other. The only sign of ich I have seen was maybe two months ago at the pet store, on silver dollars and the white dots were basically everywhere on the body.

Needless to say, I have fry too, as I mentioned, and luckily they all seem to be alive. I was more worried to avoid contracting it, since I did read we can get it from fish. Have you heard that too?

Tags
eat, ich, treatment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com