Identify my worms URGENTLY please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gk2v

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sooooo...Ive got worms! Add them to the never ending list of problems :facepalm:

Ive just finished treating my 34L guppy/endler tank with melafix and pimafix for a sick female (which worked a treat) but now ive just found worms- ive never had them before so need help identifying them so i cant properly nuke them!

I initially found a few tiny whiteish spikes showing out the anus of one of my pregnant females (who is due any day) and on closer inspection saw another female with 1 in her butt too. I did a 30% water change and full gravel vac just to check i was actually seeing worms and in the bucket there were numerous wriggly things some white tiny ones, some pale pink and some bigger red ones too (water parameters are perfect). From my brief googling i can only assume they are camallanus but really do need some verification because ive never dealt with any type of worms before.

Im very concerned that my entire tank is now infected and i dont want to loose any fish if i can help it so need to urgently sort this out- ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2771.jpg
    IMG_2771.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 81
I know the feeling buddy. You might just take everything down and stearlize it with bleach, leaving nothing but all the sick guppies and one filter/heater and light in a tank.
Next you would order fenbendazole food here DeWorming Fish Flake Food
Order Deworer 1 or 3. Follow the directions Exactly, starve them then feed every other day, otherwise it will not work and you will be left with super worms.
Stearlize everything ESPECIALLY filters and filter pads, nooks and crannies, sides of tanks very very thurougly with bleach water bucket siphon everything
If you cannot beat it in one or two months, cull them all stearilize everything to the point of nuclear catastrophe and start again. Callamunus is rare, but very deadly and contagious. I battled them for the last 1.5 years before I gave up and stearlized the heck out of everything and started again.

Back
Top Bottom