Is this ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jemmax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I noticed the white spot on my betta about a week ago, I suspect it's ich but just want to confirm and any advice on the best way to treat it is much appreciated!

:thanks:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 118
I noticed the white spot on my betta about a week ago, I suspect it's ich but just want to confirm and any advice on the best way to treat it is much appreciated!

:thanks:

Maybe if it looks like salt or dandruff it MIGHT be ich. Unsure though. Sorry.

I've found a white spot on my neon tetra as well but it's still just the one spot...
Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-2944220102.jpg
    image-2944220102.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 111
I just found ick today in my Cichlid tank, didn't quarantine some fish from aquabid, doh. But when in doubt, I'd go ahead and treat it with 86 degree heat, most fish can handle that fairly easy for the duration it requires. Just make sure when you do water changes, put back in 86 degree water, and keep an eye on ammonia.
Good luck!

I'm not a betta guy so Idk how well they can handle salt (healing purposes). But the betta looks like a little scratch or something..ich well be like sand was sprinkled on the scales. As for the neon, I can't tell from the pic..I'm sure it's hard to take a pic of those little guys.

Actually after saving/zooming on your tetra pick, it doesn't look exactly like ick, might even be a scrape and our mouth fungus?
Anyone else that has neons have a thought?

Tried some salt and it seems to be clearing up nicely :)

Back
Top Bottom