Jungle Parasite Clear Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbrown

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone confirm that this medication will not affect your biological filtration. Jungle claims that it does not. The active ingredients are praziquantel, metronidazole & acriflavine. Any recommendations for another medication to treat external parasites. My clown loaches are scraping themselves against the rocks and showing some signs of irriation.

Sure. Instead of treating your tank with the medicine, grab a heater and crank it to 87-88F. It will stop ich in it's track. Leave it there for 2 weeks or so, and you should be good to go.

If for some reason, you don't want to do this, I'm fairly positive that the Jungle product will be fine with your water. It will take a lot longer to treat however, so grab extra.

Heat is the way to go. Trust me.

I completely agree the heat method is the best. I never use meds unless there is no other choice. I am not ever totally convinced that meds don't affect the bacterial cycle. I personally haven't had a problem when I have had to use Jungle's fungus clear but for ich I use heat and it works just fine. Also considerably cheaper than meds. :)

Parasite Clear is for internal parasites, not external, like ich (which it sounds like you have)...go with the heat method and aerate well.

...and no, Parasite Clear will not impact your biological filtration.

Back
Top Bottom