Lazy catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Random Fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My catfish has been doing nothing but sitting in the corner all day. He's only active during feeding time. So he basically just eats and sits all day. Since he's a pictus and i hear they like to sim in currents is this unhealthy? Just wondering.

if he looks fine and all then he's just lazy. but i suspect there's more to the story. i have a pictus that would do nothing but swim against the current coming out of my canister filter. how long have you had it?

I had a pretty big pictus that would just lay down in a rock crevice and move occasionally for food. He looked so fat, while the other one was always swimming and seemed more slim. I think he's fine, it's just not normal considering the species.

if he looks fine and all then he's just lazy. but i suspect there's more to the story. i have a pictus that would do nothing but swim against the current coming out of my canister filter. how long have you had it?

Well I got him several days ago and when he discovered the corner in my aquarium he stayed there and claimed it as his.
Oh and I almost forgot I dont know if my catfish is a girl or boy but he/she has a little belly and I'm not sure if its because its pregnant or just fat.

Back
Top Bottom