lethargic fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have something very strange going on in my tank. I will start from the beginning. Last Saturday morning one of my swords gave birth to around 25-30 fry. On Sunday another one of my girls started slowing down she apeared to have fin rot. Her and the mother sword where fighting a lot when she got close to birth. I found her dead on Monday morning. I have been doing water testing regularly every morning and this morning everything was fine 0 ammo 0 nitrites and my nitrates were like 40ppm I did a water change and I started my day getting my kids ready for the first day of school and I have been busy all day. I got home a little bit ago and now the mother sword and my 2 platys are hanging out at the bottom of the tank acting very lethargic. My cardinals are still just as sassy as always and are doing great. With the lethargic livebears I decided to do another water test and it was .25 ammo 0 nitrite and 20-30 nitrate. I am at a loss as to what is causing the jump in the ammo and such a fast rise in nitrates could this be why my platys and sword aren't acting right? I am doing another water change as we speak to get those levels down. Is there anything I am missing??? I just don't want to lose anybody else.

Back
Top Bottom