Levamisole for worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDRawe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have read multiple articles about using levamisole HCL for treatment of callamanus worms (which my tank apparently has)...

However, the dosage of this treatment covers a range from 90mg/10gallons to 1000mg (or 1g)/10 gallons.

Does anyone know the appropriate dosage?

When we had this problem with our bettas we couldn't find levamisole other than in food form. We used the Jungle Labs Anti-Parasite food. It worked great. While we did the food I also used parasite tabs to treat the tank. Haven't had a problem in a year now. *Knocks on wood* Good luck.

"Jungle Labs Anti Parasite Medicated Food (1 oz) directly treats infected fish. Protects against secondary infections. Great routine prevention against disease. Jungle Labs Anti-Parasite Medicated Fish Food will not cloud water. This floating pellet aids in control of internal fagellates, trematodes and cestodes which includes hexamita (hole-in-the-head), spironucleus, intestinal worms, tapeworms and nematodes, e.g. camallanus.
Active Ingredients: Metronidazole -- 1.0%; raziquantel -- 0.5%;
levamisole -- 0.4%."

If you fish are still eating, the meds in the food is much better than putting it in the water. I also use the Jungle anti-parasite food. The Praziquental & Metronidazole are prob better than Levamisole for internal parasites, but no problems using all 3.

Back
Top Bottom