Maracyn-Two not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squealor

Aquarium Advice Regular
My male gourami developed a couple of white fuzzy patches. I diagnosed it as body fungus and my lfs sent me home with Maracyn-Two. Two tabs the first day (in the 10g QT), one each additional for 5 days. On day two, I noticed that two of my tetras had the same fuzzy patches. Added them to the QT. Day 5 of treatment came and the tetras look GREAT! No patches at all, coloring is great, all better, perfect! However, the gourami still isn't good. The furry patches are gone, but leaving ulcers. And now, I think there might be three patches instead of just the two. I don't know how else to describe them... he's acting fine, eating like he's never seen food before, swimming fine, etc. I'm stumped. I'm continuing the meds, after moving the tetras back to the regular tank. Should I try a new med on the gourami? If so, which one?

The directions for Maracyn 2 say that a second course of 5 days may be given if necessary. Sometimes I've had a tough infection on my fish, and the first course didn't do too much. Then by the end of the second course (by day 9!) the infection was gone. So don't be afraid to dose for another 5 days. You can also use Maracyn 1 and Maracyn 2 together.

Another good med for fungus and bacterial infections is Jungle Fungus Eliminator.

I've started the second round and I think I might try Maracyn one alongside, just in case! Thanks for the advice!!!

The two who look better should still go through the full five days of treatment. There could be some fungus left that's just not visible.

Back
Top Bottom