Molly died and now Siamese is going! PLEASE HELP! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmac

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well my female black molly died from white spot this morning despite the meds, the white spot hadn't even advanced to the falling off stage!!

And now we couldn't find our Male Siamese Fighter, and they were hiding, so we moved a rock and he appeared but worse for the wear like molly was before dying!! He has quite a lot on his tail, but none on his body? How can you treat it at the next stage if the fish die before that.. I don't understand it... if he dies I'm going to give up on fish keeping altogether after all the money getting started... he's my favourite! :(

PLEASE HELP ME! :(

Well I feel your pain and know what you're going through gmac. Most everyone has had similar experiences. These little lives that we try and keep in our homes are delicate. Not everything is known about how to cure a fish. Sometimes the treatment (meds), can be worse than the illness. Or, a fish can be so ill there is no saving it. It's just the way life works.

Try and see this as a learning experience. I started keeping fish when I was 10 years old. I remember feeling the same sense of loss and frustration when a fish died. My father gave me a book on aquarium fish and a journal. He told me to read all I could about keeping fish, and then keep a daily log based on what I was observing in my tank. He assured me that I would make discoveries and find out things that I hadn't anticipated. He was right. That simple act of understanding on my dads part expanded my horizon about keeping fish. It propelled me into a hobby that I've loved for the next 39 years.

I know I'm not your dad, but I'm going to make the same suggetion to you. :wink:

That's another 2 female guppies died this morning, I think we had a bad batch... we bought 6 of them last weekend from LFS in town and the person had just fished out 2 dead ones floating in the tank as we arrived... I asked what the cause was, and she said it could be anything, just buy healthly looking ones and know what to look for when buying. We got 6 healthy looking ones, but all seem to be dying for no apparent reason! :(

Did we do the wrong thing buying them, as all my other fish are perfectly fine... and hopefully the Siamese will pull through from the white spot. :)

Back
Top Bottom