Molly may be dying, please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookechase

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought 5 mollies a few weeks ago for my 5 gallon tank. I was supposed to get 3 females and two males and ended up getting the opposite. My biggest white female looks to be pregnant. Two of the males constantly tormented her all day and she started acting weird, swimming backwards and laying on the bottom of the tank. I bought her a small 1.5 gallon tank for her until I can figure out a new set up. After I put her in it, she stopped swimming all together and lays at the bottom all day and won't even swim to eat. If I try to move her she starts swimming erratically and bounces off the walls of the tank until she settles to the bottom again. I'm now scared to put her back as I'm sure the others will bully her even more. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help her or if it's a lost cause.

I also noticed she has strange weird black dots all over her that I don't remember her ever having. I'm going to upload a picture.

Attachments

• 14618570800081535992212.jpg
    14618570800081535992212.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 39
Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Ammonia and ph I would check first up as sounds like may be an un-cycled tank.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ou-get-started-with-your-aquarium-154837.html

I tend to work on three females to one male. You could try a holding net in the larger tank perhaps.

Last one is if the water chemistry is fine, the black dots might be parasites (but I suspect water chemistry / stress).

mollies are a high waste producing fish. imo ,they should be in no less of 50 gal tank .that is 5 of them try to rehome the extra male 2males are one too many .if your tank is not cycled then you must do 50% WATER CHANGE A DAY OR take your chances that all fish would die . im sry, that your fish are sick but they are just to crowded you can try ammonia lock or purgien to lessen the ammonia stress but you could even try a plastic container until you can get a bigger tank good luck with the fishys

Back
Top Bottom