Molly Swimming tail up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed today that one of my mollies is floating funny

Shes very active [ I know shes a she, she has given birth so many times.. ] but she can't seem to help but to float and despite her best efforts, swim with with her tail pointing up

Shes really fighting it, like theres a balloon stuck to her tail.

This has been one of my longest lived, tho she is no where near old..

I was thinking swimbladder, but that makes them float upside down, or head up... I've never seen it make a fish float tailup..

Help?

hmm. i dont know but i had corys with popeye and they couldnt stay flat on the gravel and they kept falling over. i also dont know but constipation could be it (im pretty sure this is wrong) it could be the filter may be a lil 2 strong. or it could be something else than the main swim bladder disease and like a hybrid or something?

sry i cant really help. i also cant say hope this helps because im sure it wont.
hope it gets better :(

floater

My sisters platy started having ballast difficulties before she expired.
She didn't show signs of the usual maladies.
She was aggressive, odd and refused to get frisky with the fellahs.
She killed all the other platys but two. Then she got sick after two months.

Eggbound? Like birds maybe?
She also kept sinking head down when not in motion. And no treatment seemedd to help or hinder.

She dosn't sink head down, she floats head down.

Shes active, and vigorously eating.. despite her difficulties.

I think I may have been overconcerned.

She is fine today, I think now... I think she just had a bubble in her belly, or something.

I'm just paranoid when it comes to my mollies, because they've been the ones I have the worst record with. All the molllies I have now were decended fron this one that I'm talking about now, and she has survived for along time.

Back
Top Bottom