Moor(s) with red blood spots and slightly swollen eye(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Islandgurl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have multiple moors as well as other fancy’s in my 35 gallon tank.
I have recently had one and about 3 weeks later a second moor show with a small red blood spot in the right eye(s).
What could possibly be causing the red spot in multiple moors eyes but not other fancy goldfish?
As an extra they are also getting some swelling as well but only in the affected eyes.
I clean my filters and swap water every few days ( probably 5 gallons each swap) and treat all water with Stress coat + in a low dose.
I am at a complete loss.
Could the possibly of running my tank at more of a tropical temp be part of the issue?? (76)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Goldfish do better in cooler temperatures. How many goldfish do you have total? Fancy goldfish get fairly large and you may be overstocked.

Goldfish do better in cooler temperatures. How many goldfish do you have total? Fancy goldfish get fairly large and you may be overstocked.
I am currently definitely overcrowded but that is not my current concern.
Right now the issue is simply having the same problem with 2 separate fish of the same genus.
I have never in the last run into this issue with any of my Moors and am just concerned if it may be a parasitic issue or a possible fungal/bacterial issue.
I am awaiting a 50 gallon tank (would have been here today but the Trans Canada Highway #1 was closed).
So hopefully tomorrow we will be starting another tank as such I would like to diagnose this issue before transfer.
I do have dual filters running in my current tank and do a partial water change every 2 to 4 days.
My concern is that it may be contagious

Is there anything he could have bumped into? Any aggression that you have noticed? Any picture that you can upload? It'll be easier to identify if we can see it.
Blood in the eye (aka red spots) are either caused by injury or an infection.

Back
Top Bottom