More on my fat angel....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=94639

sorry for making a new post....less than 12 hours, and i didn't want this to get missed.

She is still very fat. She is alert and eating, but kinda staying near the top of the tank, away from everyone else.

She isn't acting totally normal. And her eyes might be popped, or i am just being really paranoid and overly sensitive.

I am very concerned.

Should I wait it out another day and see if she lays eggs or should I do something to treat her? if i treat her, what should I treat her with? I have on hand maracyn plus, formaline for Ich, jungle parasite clear, and some pimafix i think.

Do you have an airstone in the tank? My angels didn't look like that when holding eggs but that happened only once so not exactly an expert there. She may be holding eggs, I would just keep an eye on her. You know better than anyone what her behaviours are. She didn't look ill from the photo I saw, just fat. Is she gasping or breathing quickly at all? I really can't find reason to be really concerned as of yet. She may be hiding because she is looking to lay eggs. What is the male doing? Is he around her at all?

there are three other angels in the tank. none have spawned yet.

gasping, no. she isn't at the surface gasping anyway, just hanging in the same spot at the top back of the tank (north central area from the VRDSM map).

Have you seen her with any of the other angels displaying spawning behaviour? You are certain she is female? I couldn't tell at all with my angels until they spawned.

i have not seen any spawning behavior and am not sure she is female.

Back
Top Bottom