mystery illness ?? fish dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TASHANCRAIG

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have lost a lot of fish recently in last 2 wks i thought was white spot as a few had spots on treated with heat 1st then protozin because it does fungal infections too. my fish were all scraping their gills or sides along plants and rocks in my tank. after treatment a few are still doing it not lost anymore fish since but the scraping is still going on dont want to loose anymore fish and cant restock till i know its all gone.
ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 12.5 or above ph is 7.4 ?????? so i know my water is clean and tank is fully cycled.
should i do another course of treatment to help ????

help from anyone would be great :(:(

yup, when i get new fish sometimes i have to treat them, keep the water hot, i always set mine to 88 for a few days, i would do a water change every other day right now, daily if possible, but i never use any kind of meds..

It's ick. Shoot the heater up.

i have had the heat up for over 2 wks poss 3 spots went but scratching against things has not stopped ???
i had ich once b4 and heat got rid but this time not worked so used protozin and still scratching against things ??????

could it be flukes or something

I just read this on the net

Symptoms of a heavy infestations of flukes are pale fish with drooping fins, rapid respiration, glancing off aquarium decor, and /or hollow bellies.

Having gone through flukes I also noticed the fish dash about almost jumping out the water and crash into things or float funny head up. The net has one thing for sure every other site says something different but have the same problem.
:)

It's best to avoid medications because they may have side effects....like killing all of the beneficial bacteria. Most fish illnesses seem to start with water quality issues.

I just read this on the net

Symptoms of a heavy infestations of flukes are pale fish with drooping fins, rapid respiration, glancing off aquarium decor, and /or hollow bellies.

Having gone through flukes I also noticed the fish dash about almost jumping out the water and crash into things or float funny head up. The net has one thing for sure every other site says something different but have the same problem.
:)

yes everynow and then my male dwarf gouramis would swim about a bit crazy hit the water surface swin to the bottom then hit the surface again and swim about like flicking their tails ?????
i have now completed my course of protozin which does not harm the bacteria in my filter and lowered temp back down and all seems fine ????
not seen any flicking or out since.
just dont know what to put it down to ive got another bottle of protozin incase any signs come back and gonna get a bottle that treats gill and body flukes but hopefully all is good and i can start building my stock up again 1st thing 1st a small hospital tank is being bought

Glad to hear its all working out at last how many did you loose if I may ask?
Protozin what does that treat we don't have it here?
Stock slow and good luck

P.S. DO NOT WANT TO SAY IT LOUD THEY MIGHT HEAR BUT, Touch wood but my tanks are running smooth

Glad to hear its all working out at last how many did you loose if I may ask?
Protozin what does that treat we don't have it here?
Stock slow and good luck

P.S. DO NOT WANT TO SAY IT LOUD THEY MIGHT HEAR BUT, Touch wood but my tanks are running smooth

lost in total 4 blue rams 2 platies 5 neons 3 guppies 1 swordtail and my siamese fighter oh and 2 female dwarf gouramis.

still alive are 2 male dwarf gouramis 10 neons 11 guppies 2 dalmation mollies 2 platies 2 golden panchax 1 swordtail and mygolden nuggett pleco dont wanna loose him at £35 lol fish only cost couple quid and easy to find.
protozin treats white spot(ich),fungus,oodinium(velvet),costiasis,trichodiniasis & neon tetra disease. costs about £4 a bottle

lost in total 4 blue rams 2 platies 5 neons 3 guppies 1 swordtail and my siamese fighter oh and 2 female dwarf gouramis.

still alive are 2 male dwarf gouramis 10 neons 11 guppies 2 dalmation mollies 2 platies 2 golden panchax 1 swordtail and mygolden nuggett pleco dont wanna loose him at £35 lol fish only cost couple quid and easy to find.
protozin treats white spot(ich),fungus,oodinium(velvet),costiasis,trichodiniasis & neon tetra disease. costs about £4 a bottle

My condolences.

yeh my golden nugget is a stunning little thing beauty about it it stays small too less poo lol. still gutted scared to stock up again incase same thing happens again. lost 3 small male guppies over last few days too ?????? just vanished into thin air ??????? mystery it is sure someone has eaten them but who ????????? just gets worse for me ha

I have heard good things about the ick medicine quick Cure. Maybe you should try some of that, its supposed to clear it up in 3 days. Sorry about your loss. :C

Back
Top Bottom