Need help treating Ick for Clown Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwell1295

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had the temp in my QT tank at 88* for 2+ weeks and he still has it....in fact it seems to have gotten worse. Is there a med I should be using in conjunction with the heat?

What I'm really looking for is suggestions for something that has worked with CLs in particular. Thanks...

When I first got my clown loaches they had ich. I raised the tank temp to 86 degrees and slowly added 2 tsp of salt per gallon.

10 days after I saw the last ich spot I slowly lowered the temp to 80 and at the same time started doing 25% pwcs to reduce the salt.

No stress no side affects..

I agree with the heat treatment. I also tried salt with my loaches and lost all my loaches. I personally don't bother with salt. The heat treatment worked for me everytime without salt. The decision is ultimately yours but most don't use salt with loaches.

Another week since this thread was started, temp steady at 89* (verified with 3 thermometers) and he still has the white stuff. I've been lucky in that haven't had much experience with disease in any of my tanks. A few MFD's here and there, but no visibly sick fish other than a small Ick breakout about 8 months ago.

Is it possible that this is not Ick and something completely different? The loach is doing fine considering he is a loner inthat tank. He eats like a pig and swims around freely especially when no one is in the room with him.

Loaches are very touchy. And very sensitive to meds. THis is due to their lack of scales. How are your other fish coping with the heat? 89 *f SHOULD be doing it. I read in another thread that 92*f Kills all stages of ich. ... But i won't recommend this because alot of fish will go belly up at this temperature.

What if you tried mild dosing of ich cure? I agree though : Salt = bad for loaches.

are the white spots raised and slightly fuzzy?

sudz said:
are the white spots raised and slightly fuzzy?

It looks like they be slightly fuzzy. I started treating the tank with Pimafix today thinking that it may be some type of body fungus.

Here is a pic I snapped earlier this evening:

img_723254_0_eea57d224a93292392197655b9295b6e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom