Neon Tetra Died, Other Fish in Aquarium in Danger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whsthatlady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had four neon tetras for almost a year now and one died yesterday after it developed a black coloration between its dorsal fin and its eyes. The coloration developed for a week or two and then I noticed it starting to list aimlessly and shimmy a little back and forth. It died the next morning. The other three appear to be normal. I also have an albino cory catfish, a Plecostomus catfish, and four fancy tail guppies in the tank as well. It is a ten-gallon set-up with a heater and a Tetra Whisper Filtration system. I am worried about the other fish in the tank since the one Tetra that turned black died. I have researched fish diseases on the web and have not come up with anything. Can anyone help me or suggest anything so that I do not lose my other fish? :?:

I assume by your fish list that you meant to put this in the FW side and not the SW side so I'll move it.

Did you test your water parameters? I can't really say for sure what the problem might have been. All I can suggest is do weekly water changes and keep a close eye on the other fish. If any of the same symptoms arise, then I'd worry.

Thanks for all your lousy help

JDogg said:
well your first problem is neons can not survive saltwater :?

excuse me for making an honest mistake of posting in the incorrect forum as a brand new user... you've been of so much help.

Back
Top Bottom