New Angel has torn fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my new angel fish last weekend -- his fins were fairly torn when I got him -- also there was a 2 day episode when one of my rainbow fish was nipping on his fins (the rainbow was sent back to the fish store the 2nd day). No other fish is bothering him now (he is the biggest fish in the tank)

Question is what can I do to help him grow back his fins -- I will try to post a picture to show the extent of damage. He tends to stay in one corner of the tank hidden in the plants (and when he is out he seems to be in the bottom 1/3rd of the tank contrary to what I thought angels do) -- I have seen him eat so we are good on that front.

I regularly dose my tank with ferts for the plants -- is this a problem with the angel ?

Your suggestions are welcome.

You can add some melafix to the tank to help the angel. But most important is good clean water. That is the best way to help the angel regrow fins.

I have alot of driftwood in my tank, lending to tannin rich water, rather acidic actually, same way the water is where angels originate.

I notice that torn find actually seem to heal in about 2-3 days, fins taht have had peioces torn out seem to recover fully in less than a week.

Back
Top Bottom