New fish are slowing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shook was a strong word, turned it over a couple times for it to disolve better.(instead of just once) I did shake the nitrate test.

tornadonick said:
shook was a strong word, turned it over a couple times for it to disolve better.(instead of just once) I did shake the nitrate test.

Ahh, gotcha lol.

FYI: Fill the t-tube to the line. Over/under could cause faulty results.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

I wouldn't worry about ph to much until you get through the cycle. I also wouldn't trust the nitrAte test yet until you get near the end of the cycle, without a healthy nitrIte population you will get false readings. At .5ppm for Ammonia you need to do a pwc probably almost a 50%. After your nitrItes spike then I would start keeping an eye on the nitrAtes.

Ok, the last couple days i have been extremely busy and honestly could not find the time to do a pwc. today i tested and ammo. was getting close to 1 ppm. M balloon molly was swimming kind of odd today and i couldnt really figure out what was off about him but i knew for sure something was not right. I knew i needed to do a pwc as soon as i could but once again got put to work, when i came back she was on the bottom facing straight up in the air breathing very heavily i did a pwc as fast as i could and she got up and swam some but is still doing the same thing.

You may want to look into some prime (if your not already using it) that detoxifies ammonia without making it unusable for bacteria.

I have been using aquasafe as that is what i already had. I will mention that i had an injured danio that i set up in a little 5 gallon. he died and it seams discusting but i left him in there to get some ammonia building up and i am running a little fishless cycle in there to lace the gravel with some good bacteria, then i will drop that into my filter so i can cut my in fish cycling short

tornadonick said:
I have been using aquasafe as that is what i already had. I will mention that i had an injured danio that i set up in a little 5 gallon. he died and it seams discusting but i left him in there to get some ammonia building up and i am running a little fishless cycle in there to lace the gravel with some good bacteria, then i will drop that into my filter so i can cut my in fish cycling short

I prefer Prime too since it does work to cut ammo down and in some circumstances you can use it at 5X normal dose.

Let us know how the danio seeding experiment works please. Cetainly makes sense, after all the raw shrimp seeding is basically the same thing.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Back
Top Bottom