New Gabon Shrimp died in bag from LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fddlss

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

Last night I bought a Gabon shrimp from my LFS and I took it home, between the ride home and the acclimation time it was probably about 45 minutes since he was bagged and I noticed he was dead or dying. He was in the bag laying on its side. I moved him and he did nothing so I figured he was dead so I left him in the bag. Then, I looked for info on the Web and I saw that some shrimp (saltwater) play dead, so I decided to take it out of the bag and put it in the QT tank. He was moving something right before his tail and the legs a little bit bat he couldn't stand up, when I tried to make him stand up he would move his legs but couldn't stand up and then I noticed that his mouth or something was moving and I noticed something moving on his head, I saw it through his exoskeleton.

I left him in the tank overnight to see if he was really dead, now he's not moving at all and he's about 2 inches away from the place where I left him, but still laying on its side.

What could have cause the death?

Maybe the LFS forgot to put oxygen in the bag?

I left him in the bag for too long?

Temperature change when acclimating?

Something else?

In the LFS's tank he was moving normal.

Back
Top Bottom