Oh no!! got stuck to filter!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulieFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a couple new guppies today, off my girlfriend who was just getting overun by them, well one wasnt doing so well. I went to take some pictures to show you guys, but HE WAS ATTACHED TO THE FILTER!! He got sucked into the thing that filters up the water. I turned off the filter and he floated off and he looks horrible, he is still breathing and attempting to swim but his body is in an odd C angle and he is stuck at the bottom. What should I do, let him die naturally or just.. what! I dont have clover oil and its way to late to go buy some. Any advice :(

Well he got stuck to the filter intake tube because he was weak from what ever got him ill.

Did you properly acclimate the fish?
Have you checked your water parameters?

Well he got stuck to the filter intake tube because he was weak from what ever got him ill.

Did you properly acclimate the fish?
Have you checked your water parameters?

He was ill when I got him, I was attempting to save him. The other 5 I got are fine, he just came to me ill. I was attempting to save him, which I do not know if that is an option anymore.

He is slowly breathing, so I am hoping he is calming down, or he is close to death, hoping the first one. He is pretty injured but im hoping he will pull through and survive.

No, never flush fish down the toilet. You can introduce all sorts of junk to your sewers and where it goes. Which is where ducks hang out, therefore transferring from the water, to the duck, to wherever the ducks fly. DON'T FLUSH.

No, never flush fish down the toilet. You can introduce all sorts of junk to your sewers and where it goes. Which is where ducks hang out, therefore transferring from the water, to the duck, to wherever the ducks fly. DON'T FLUSH.

not only that, but how humane is it to flush a fish that has not died down in to the sewer system to die!

Yeah with all that ammonia and chlorine in that toilet, that'd be horrible. You did put him in a QT to try to save him didn't you?

BAD NEWBIE NO FLUSH if and when thay pass i some times will put them in the dirt in my house plants good" fert"

Well tried to save him, but no luck. I checked this morning and he was gone :(. It wasnt going to make it regardless, I think the filter was just quicker, he was very old guppy :( very sickly looking in the beginning. But thats the process of life and death. Thanks guys for your support.

My Mum was rather surprised I didn't flush my goldfish down the toilet after it had died. Which I think is rather odd to say the least! I just put him in a plastic bag and then into the bin!

The same thing happened to one of my guppies, he got stuck onto the filter intake, although I think he was ill before that.

Ok this thread kinda struck a nerve with me! :x

So people are saying "dont flush a dead fish or 99% dead fish"..

What do you think all of the LFS's and fish stores do? Go outside and have a cutsie little ritual burying ceremony with their dead/sick fish in their little white picket gardens outside of the LFS??

Betchya they dont!

In reality, flushing dead/almost dead fish has worked for years and there havent been any massive duck to fish spread diseases that have even made the newspaper, last I checked. When you flush a fish, it goes to the sanitary sewer and then to a treatment plant. NOT directly out to a lake/field or whatever you think. So by the time it even gets to the treatment plant, the fish's body is looooooonggggg gone - most likely dissolved by that point. A duck/bird/animal wouldnt be able to consume the dead fish.

/rant :)

Ok this thread kinda struck a nerve with me! :x

So people are saying "dont flush a dead fish or 99% dead fish"..

What do you think all of the LFS's and fish stores do? Go outside and have a cutsie little ritual burying ceremony with their dead/sick fish in their little white picket gardens outside of the LFS??

Betchya they dont!

In reality, flushing dead/almost dead fish has worked for years and there havent been any massive duck to fish spread diseases that have even made the newspaper, last I checked. When you flush a fish, it goes to the sanitary sewer and then to a treatment plant. NOT directly out to a lake/field or whatever you think. So by the time it even gets to the treatment plant, the fish's body is looooooonggggg gone - most likely dissolved by that point. A duck/bird/animal wouldnt be able to consume the dead fish.

/rant :)

Dont take this seriously just like to make people think.

Slavery and other type of things "worked" for years, but doesn't mean its correct.

/rant

Goes back to the thing, if everyone jumped off a bridge would you? I do not care what LFS do because they are horrid. I saw a tank about 5-10g with over 30 fish in it. With about 2-3 dead on the bottom. LFS are horrid, the only thing they are good for...well nothing. All I do is go there and overpay for what I should be buying other places.

/endrant

+1 Paulie. My town doesn't have a treatment plant, so the fish would go RIGHT to the pond....Which is where all the ducks swim. And the LFS is the reason the fish are sick in the first place.

+1 Paulie. My town doesn't have a treatment plant, so the fish would go RIGHT to the pond....Which is where all the ducks swim. And the LFS is the reason the fish are sick in the first place.

Ok look at what you just typed....

If ducks are swimming in a retention pond where all human waste that gets flushed down the toilet goes, isnt a dead fish the least of their worries?

Think of all the human diseases and viruses that can be passed.

Are you going to stop using the toilet now and pooping in your garden? lol

Back
Top Bottom