Peacock Eel acting strange..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
My peacock eel isn't acting like himself anymore..

He seems to stay more to himself under his favourite plant, when he used to be all over the tank and swiming up and down.

.. My main concern is that maybe hes not eating, H've had him for awhile, and hes only started to act like this recently.

I was thinking of maybe trying to find something else for him to eat, Maybe brine shrimp?

He dosn't have a very large mouth.. So I don't know of much else he could maybe eat other than little particles of shirmp pellets that sit in the gravel..

Theres your prob.

Get the buckets! And soon; if I'm correct, peacock eels canNOT handle ammonia at any level.

So should I take him out and put him into the 10gal tank I have that has 2balloon mollies, 1 lyretail molly, 3 Black fin Tetra's and 1 CAE?

and hes been fine until this morning...

and my other bottom animals, like crabs and shrimp and the CAE in this tank all are doing fine.. :?

Okay, Its as if the Eel was wanting to make me look stupid.

Just as I made my last reply he came ou and started acting energetic again, swiming ALL OVER the fricken place from left to right, front to back and even top to bottom all as he used to be.

Hes grown, to! Good lord! Hes atleast 6 inches long, maybe more! By FAR the longest creature in my tank! o_O

Okay, Its as if the Eel was wanting to make me look stupid.

Just as I made my last reply he came ou and started acting energetic again, swiming ALL OVER the fricken place from left to right, front to back and even top to bottom all as he used to be.

Hes grown, to! Good lord! Hes atleast 6 inches long, maybe more! By FAR the longest creature in my tank! o_O

Good lord he has been more active in the past few hours than in the entire time I've had him!

I EVEN FOUND WHAT HE LIKES TO EAT!

TUBIFEX WORMS!

I bought some today just on the off change my BALA and my MOLLIES would like them, Then I look over to find the little bugger [ The peacock, that is ] hanging from the TOP OF THE TANK where the Tibufex cube is floating, Just sucking in the bits as fast as he could.

I couldn't believe it! 8O

His activity level has gone through the roof! He was even poking at the betta I had in the tank for a while! I swear, I can't believe what hes done today... Its never been like this, Its like something made him extremely happy.

Back
Top Bottom