Pearl gourami died out of nowhere! ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my pearl died in less than 24 hours and seem and looked fine the day before. Yesterday when I got home and the light came on I noticed his top fin was quite damaged and looked white. Today when I got home the whiteness spread quite a bit and he passed away. Can someone help me in understanding what happened or went wrong? It's a 45 gal long with 7 corry 18 rasboras 18 cardinals 2 gbr 6 odssa barbs n maybe 8 white clouds. I did have 4 congos in there prior to the pearl passing as I initially thought they were the culprits as they love changing each other and nipping. I gave them away today I know they should be in a bigger pack anyways The tank is well established and haven't had many problems at all. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417562202.535076.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417562225.793397.jpg

Nitrates are a little high @ 40
Phosphate .5
Kh 3
Gh 4

It is a planted tank and I'm running a 405&306 canisters for filtration. I don't let my nitrates get over 40 water change day is tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Had you seen any nipping going on with the pearl or ragged looking fins before that or general harassment?

Back
Top Bottom