Please help I have a situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm noticing what might be internal parasites on the neon do to the strange backbone curve and colors, I then notice on my angelicus botia behind its eye and around the gill some strange marking, today I just notice my Yoyo scraping all over the place, I dont see ick but it might be something else, should I isolate who I see or medicate the entire tank and with what and how?

If you have parasites, I would think you would have to treat the whole tank. If you were to treat in isolation, you would not eradicate the problem in the main tank. http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/ is a site that might help with the diagnosis. Proprietary medications are available at the LFS, once you have narrowed down the diagnosis.

What does the strange marking look like? Flashing and rubbing is definitley a sign of irritation.

With the neon, the spinal problem could be any number of issues. I would keep an eye on it and if/when it starts to seem bothered and can't eat, I would consider euthanizing the fish.

Back
Top Bottom