Please help!! Sick betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gemma9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

my betta has come down with what I believe is fin rot, however it has appeared very rapidly. I first noticed he was slightly off yesterday morning when I woke up and his tail was frayed and looked like fin rot. Since then he has rapidly declined and now is struggling to move from the bottom of the tank where his breathing is really slow and laboured. His fin rot has also doubled in the last 24 hours. Last night he ate a little bit but struggled to do so, which the day before he ate really enthusiastically.

His tank details are:

10 gallon tank
78ºF
pH is 7.6, however he has always had this
nitrites, ammonia are both 0, and nitrate is 10.

I have turned off his lights to try and reduce the stress, but I don't know how to help him without overly stressing him. Please help!!

Also the photos are from yesterday as I can't get a clear photo as he is laying under a leaf today. I will try and get a clearer photo and upload later today. *Edit: I have now added in one from today*

Attachments

• IMG_8759.jpg
    IMG_8759.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 50
Check for signs of old age like humback or if he dont get his food from the first and tries again to get it that means he is an old fish

No :( He is still at the bottom breathing quite slowly. He will try to move when I come to the tank, but is unable to move far.

Unfortunately, he passed on the 6th :( I tried treating with tetracyclin but I think he was too weak, and I could tell he had no will to live.

Am sorry for your loss . But you tried everything to save him so he probably died by age . ?

Back
Top Bottom