Please Help. Tetra's hiding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About a week a go I went to the pet store and bought 5 skirt tetras. This was a newly set up 20 gallon tank (they are the only ones) so I was going to let them help out in setting up some bacteria for the filter. They all started out pretty happy and enjoying swimming in the tank. Now though about 2 days ago they all started hiding in the fake log. I don't know what started there hiding trip or how to get them out.

Please help.

P.S. They come out to eat then go hide again

I hope you know about and read about the nitrogen cycle in aquariums.
You have to change the water 50% at least every couple days until its seeded in grown in with GOOD bacteria, right now its BAD your probably overfeeding too, check the amount of food from BELOW the waterline, see how much it is.
Cut back feeding and change the water, tetras are pretty hardy, good fish just boring to me.

do you have many hiding places for them? they may feel very exposed, some tall plants (artificial or live) might make help them feel more secure.

do you have many hiding places for them? they may feel very exposed, some tall plants (artificial or live) might make help them feel more secure.

I do have many hiding places including a 6big artificial plants and a big fake log thing

Back
Top Bottom