RAM Dying? What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys. Been a while!

I have 5 rams in my 15 gallon tank. All of them have been great. Energetic, (but a little timid) and colorful. I always count them at feeding time, becuase its the only time i get to see them all at once!

Well, a few hours ago, i fed them... and only counted for. I found this little guy with his top fin clamped down. He darts across the tank only ocasionally, but seems VERY pale and subdued. Any idea what this can be? No unusual markings, other than the color. The Tank temp is 82*f. Nitrates at 20ppm, Zero nirites, zero Ammonia. I just did a water change. Put a dose of Melafix in there as well.

Any Idea's? I will be VERY sad if i lose this fish! I fear he's too far gone.

I have a QT tank, only 2.5 gallon. The issue with it is i can only get it up to about 77 or so. Its just a small pad heater for it.

Attachments

• fish1_132.jpg
    fish1_132.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 25
  • fish2_144.jpg
    fish2_144.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 35
Did he eat anything at all? I agree he does not look good. Just keep the water clean as you have been. It would be best to QT, if you could borrow a heater. I would treat with a broad spectrum antibotic in case of bacterial infection. The clamped fins are a symptom something is wrong.

I can't find him. I've looked EVERYWHERE. I highly doubt a fish could go totally rotten or eaten overnight. I think he went to fishy heaven.

He has always been the "runt" of them all. I guess he just gave it up. (or had parisites, which i treated the tank for a number of times)

*sigh*

My other 4 fish seem to be fine. All are still eating well. This one was not.

Back
Top Bottom