RIP Usisya Flavescent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Unfortunately my newest acquisition fell subject to a vicious attack by another cichlid. :cry: I don't know who the culprit is but it appears his swim bladder was damaged. I found him this afternoon floating upside down. I immediately QT'd him but unfortunately he didn't make it. There were no signs of aggression until today. He may have been attacked overnight. The female is doing fine in the tank though. It's too bad he was a beautiful fish, which is probably what caused his demise.

0000232.jpg

I went and checked on my 55G just now before lights out, and one of my tiger barbs was in a helocopter spin. Very red around the throat and looked bad. Just had to put him down. Wonder if it was an attack by one of the other barbs. :(

Geez, your not kidding. Sorry for both of your losses. The amount of posts today with horrible happenings is higher than since I joined this forum. What's going on!?!

7Enigma, sometimes that happens. It sucks royally. Today was no better for me, thank God it was for my fish. But mondays are mondays, my day started out with alarm didn't go off, coffee malfunctioned no coffee, and garage door broke with car INSIDE of the garage. Thank God no fish were ill or dead today! I'll take what I can get!

Back
Top Bottom