Severum Problem - Disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grantly23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I have a 120L freshwater setup
PH 6.6
Temp 36 degrees c
airpump, filter, heater

i have one medium golden severum and a small green severum. for the last few months iv been trying to figure out what disease the fish have it varies from good to worst and iv tried using muti cure and stress coat to get rid of it. I'm just wondering if anyone know what it might be.

it is white size up to a grain of rice on the fishes sides and smaller on fins sometimes. Today the larger severum, whom hasn't had the disease for a month or has got with thin patch of something on his fins, a bit like string. ill attach some picture of green severum. any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

thankyou :thanks:[

Last edited:
Hi grant,

Well the very first disease you have experienced is called ich, a very common aquarium problem. These little specks are actually parasites that cling to your fish.

Ways to treat would be slowly raise the heat to 87. This is the point were the parasite dies. Also, do frequent gravel vacs every several days. Ich lays its eggs in the gravel. Raising the temp, if even only a little, will quicken the parasites life cycle. It wont kill it, but it wont be visable.
Adding salt helps too.

As for the second disease, i really cant tell. Lines on the fins? Could it be stress bars from the ich? A better pic would help, but i understand its very tough.

Ps, i noticed this thread because my names grant too! Haha

Goodluck with your severums, they are awesome looking fish

Back
Top Bottom