Sick betta fish ):

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyraxo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’ve had my betta for a couple months now and he’s always been very healthy and active. He’s in a 2.5 gal tank (I have a 10 gal tank I plan to move him to soon) with a heater and filter. For the past couple of weeks he’s had these large bumps on his body, kind of closer to his head. They’ve continued to get bigger and more red. I thought it could be constipation so I tried to treat him for that but nothing has changed.. The bumps are my main concern but now his colors are fading and he’s developed white filmy stuff on his bottom fin things ? He’s just overall starting to look very unhealthy. I’ve tried water conditioner and betta fix but he still looks the same. However, he still acts perfectly fine. He eats every time I feed him, he swims around a lot, and he comes to the edge when he sees me. I have no idea what’s wrong with him or how to treat it, please help )’:

I tried to add pictures but i can’t figure out how ..

The white stuff on the end of his fins could be a bacterial or fungal infection but without pictures it's hard to tell what is happening.

Hi what's your water readings? The temperature? Water schedule? Can you post a pic?

Back
Top Bottom