Sudden Angelfish Death Help ):

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ohitsremi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I woke up this morning to my baby Angelfish dead under a plant
I have a 36 Bowfront planted tank
Water Parameters
<.25 ammo (Prob from dead fish)
0 nitrite
10-20 nitrate
I'm looking at its body all over and I see nothing wrong with it, it looks perfectly healthy, other then the long clear poop coming out of its rear...
McrmBnX.jpg

xK8lvtO.jpg

Sounds like internal parasites to me! What have you been feeding him? Some active ingredients in foods might be a cause for this. What were his symptoms before his death? Common symptom wouldve been lack of apetite.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like internal parasites to me! What have you been feeding him? Some active ingredients in foods might be a cause for this. What were his symptoms before his death? Common symptom wouldve been lack of apetite.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He was perfectly fine when I was feeding him the night before, he's been in there about 2-3weeks and the tank was done fishless cycling for about 3-4weeks. I've been feeding them tetra color, and hikari freeze dried blood worms.
One of my gouramis got sick a week before and bloated up and had weird masses all over his body, I put him in a small hospital tank with and higher dosage of salt to absorb out the bloating, he looked alot better after three days and i change the water everyday. I put him back in the tank and his color was coming back. I dosed the guy with paraguard and melafix while he was in there.

I acclimate my fish with turkey baster and dripping the tank water every 15 minutes.

He was perfectly fine when I was feeding him the night before, he's been in there about 2-3weeks and the tank was done fishless cycling for about 3-4weeks. I've been feeding them tetra color, and hikari freeze dried blood worms.
One of my gouramis got sick a week before and bloated up and had weird masses all over his body, I put him in a small hospital tank with and higher dosage of salt to absorb out the bloating, he looked alot better after three days and i change the water everyday. I put him back in the tank and his color was coming back. I dosed the guy with paraguard and melafix while he was in there.

I acclimate my fish with turkey baster and dripping the tank water every 15 minutes.

Sounds weird when did you first notice his stringy white poo?

Back
Top Bottom