Sudden tank death syndrom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm so very afraid of this..

as seen in another thread, I just had a balloon molly die on me..

and now I just found my youngest Bala Shark [ only 2 inches long... ] dead, and stuck to my filters intake!

:cry:

Please, whats going on?!

I have no aggressive fish in the tank, I have no outbreak of diases.. Why are my fish starting to die..:cry:

William, I'm so sorry. :cry:

I don't have a community tank; I wish I could be of more help. The only things I can think of are the obvious: check your ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temperature, pH. Did your temperature fluctuate for some reason? Did you change the way you fed them or something? Did you put in any new water additives? Any new additions to the tank? How is the pl*co -- is he in this tank? Ok, I'll stop rambling. I know you know to check for this stuff. l just wish I could be of more help.

My temputure fluctuations had stopped several days ago, they used to swing between 82 and 86-88f.

And I fed my guys brine shrimp recently.

No water addictives, only new additions were some fiddlers, and my True Albino Pl*co and a very small female betta.

I am in the middle of an Ammonia spike, which is at 2ppm, which I'm combatting with 5gal water changes daily, as well as ammonia absorbant matterials in the filter which is bringing it down quickly.

I already said my pH is between 6.8 and 7.2, and my Nitrites are .25ppm.

Other then the brine shrimp feeding hasn't changed, Omega One Tropical for the fish, Tubifex for the Balas, Shrimp Pellets for the crabs, Hikari Algae Wafers for the CAE and Pl*co and my dwarf african frog gets whatever he wants

however my fish has been fine through this, and its only been the past few days that my smallest Balloon and Smallest Bala died.

Heck, an hour before I found the small Bala on the filter intake, He was swimming around energeticly chasing the biggest Bala in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom