Swiming nose down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today since I've woke up I've had one of the balloon mollies in my community tank hanging constantly nose down.

he seems healthy, energetic, eating alright, hes just.. kinda stuck nose down into the gravel. :?

Is he alright? is there anything I can do?

Please help, He keeps getting stuck to the filter because hes so weak right now..

I don't know what to do, His breathing looks labored and he can barely swim..

Have you checked your parameters, Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. have you got a QT tank you could put him into.

Doesn't sound good if he his that weak.

I don't have a QT tank,

and my Amonia is a little high, but I've taken measures to correct that. 5gal water changes daily as well as some amonia absorbant material in the filter.

but it dosn't seem to be affected any of the other fish..

Oh no, I'm sorry...
Are you putting enough salt in the water? Mollies like salt, and I've even read that they could be acclimated to saltwater tanks. For freshwater tanks, the salt requirement is 1 teaspoon of aquarium salt per gallon. I read that on liveaquaria.com. Also mollies like warmer water temps, around 78-80 degrees.

Do you have other mollies? How are they doing?

My tanks are salted with 1tablespoon per 5gallons, and all my other mollies are fine, and the tank is around 80-82.

Back
Top Bottom